Saturday, December 29, 2007
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Thursday, December 20, 2007
1. Just how does Santa get his fat ass down that chimney?
2. Do Atheists celebrate Christmas?
3. Why do we celebrate Christmas in December?
4. How does Santa get all those damn toys in that little bitty bag?
5. And what about going worldwide giving gifts in one night?
6. When you don't get what you want for Christmas, does Santa have a return policy?
7. Wouldn't it be better to leave Santa peanut butter and celery sticks instead of cookies and milk, I mean he is a little overweight...
8. Speaking of weight, just how do eight reindeer pull his fat ass on that sled full of gifts?
9. Remember those Norelco commercials at Christmas? Why? Santa has a full beard, why would he be a spokesperson for electric shavers?
10. If Christ was born on Christmas, wouldn't it have been cold out in the barn where he was born in the manger?
11. Who created egg nog? And why is it only on sale during the Christmas season?
12. If you stay up all night Christmas Eve, will you still get gifts under the tree?
13. If you buy the gifts in the twelve days of Christmas, just how much money would you have to spend?
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Monday, December 10, 2007
Friday, December 07, 2007
Thursday, December 06, 2007
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
Saturday, December 01, 2007
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
So there you have it. My 480th post. Mind numbing wasn't it? Wait until tomorrow!
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Thursday, November 08, 2007
Sunday, November 04, 2007
Thursday, November 01, 2007
Monday, October 29, 2007
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Monday, October 22, 2007
Well I've been busy. First of all we got all moved in and it is WONDERFUL. The first night in my new tempurpedic bed all I could say was...this is AWESOME. I've had some of the best nights of sleep I have ever had. It is AWESOME!
The apartment is smaller than it looked when empty. Especially when our love seat and recliners are all over-stuffed. So the living room is full. The dinning area is very nice, and you will not believe our curtain for the dinning room. I will take a pic in a few days and let you see it. I love it and it was CHEAP! Got to love those shows on HGTV.
Speaking of which, HGTV and the rest of the hundreds of stations we now have. Thanks to Time Warner Cable and all the freebies we get for a year. They get you hooked on this stuff and then when the year is over you now think that you JUST HAVE to HAVE it. But for now, we have several on demand stations, free showtime and cinemax and DVR, which is the greatest invention since the DVD player. Now I never have to miss TMC, A&E or AMC. So for at least the next year I can catch up on all those old classics I missed the first time around.
So you can see that I have been busy. But, again I will try and post more often, and I swear as soon as I get around to it, and my apartment is "picture perfect" I will post some shots. Until then...
Friday, October 12, 2007
Thursday, October 11, 2007
(Courtesy of Full Figured Model)
1. clear vinyl cat suit w/ hooker heels
2. a fluorescent netted thong suit
3. the Anna Nicole full figured outfit, b/c it's too damn small, lmfao
4. an outfit made of white castle boxes
5. an armored suit, that's way too much exercise to lug around
6. Anything too complicated to get off in the bathroom
7. nothing at all, close the window, no one wants to see that *&^%
8. costume made of post it notes, with dangling paper clip earrings
9. mummy costume during a heavy menstrual cycle
10. Britney Spears outfit
11. Greek goddess shoes (that clearly lace from ankle to thigh) with coordinating outfit
12. a chick magnet outfit
13. anything camouflaged b/c you couldn't see me
Thursday, October 04, 2007
2. a thong that was dingy (sp???) and hung out of the top of my pants/skirt
3. zippered jeans w/ flowers on them
4. maternity clothes when you're not pregnant
5. petite clothes when you're an amazon
6. stirrup pants w/ sandals
7. pantyhose w/ sandals (THIS LOOK DOES NOTHING FOR FRESHLY PAINTED TOE NAILS)
8. daisy dukes
9. Paris Jr's Halloween costume, lol
10. an irridescent suit
11. a mullet wig
12. nothing at all, no one wants to see that shit!
13. and finally, last but not least, fake hair
1. A dress shirt with holes in it.
2. A KISS '88 tour t-shirt
3. Uggs. Ewwwwww. But, honestly, how many dudes do you see wearing those things?
4. A cut-off pair of low-waisted black yoga pants.
5. My "I Support the Jena 6" t-shirt
6. Ski boots. Honestly, why would I ever wear them to work.
7. A bow tie. I can't tell you how often I want to kick someone's ass who is wearing a bow tie.
8. A Knight's chain mail, freaking heavy.
9. An AC Slater muscle shirt
10. Biker Shorts...
11. A Monkey Hat
12. Sumo Wrestler diaper.
13. A lot of freaky piercings.
13 Things You Would Never Wear To Work
1. hot shorts
3.knee high stockings
4.a super short skirt
5.a dress that is too tight for me that reveals my fat rolls
6.pants that are so tight I have camel toe
9.see through shirts etc....
10.lots of ruffles
11.a bodysuit like the one Michael sent a picture out of yesterday
12.clear shoes aka stripper shoes
13 Things You Would Never Wear To Work (some things that I would NEVER wear anywhere!!!) lol.
1. Push up bra (for what reason would you all need to see that?)
2. Mini Skirt (It's almost halloween but I don't like to scare people!)
3. Cut off jean shorts (you know the one with the frays!! soooo hot...yuck)
4. 80's anything... (aka stretch pants, multiple layers of socks, kiddie bangles, tacky plastic earrings and 80's Hairsprayed POOF) BARF
5. polyester pants
6. Strapless shirts (although we know how sexy they are!!)
7. Cowgirl boots (Although Kim and I love our country songs!! ALLL-COOHOOOLLLL)
8. tapered jeans (NEVER ANYWHERE!!!) remember when it used to be cool to 'peg' them, OMG!!!
9. Thigh Highs
10. Tie Dye
11. Short Shorts..."who wears short shorts?" NOT ME!!!
12. Little Black Dress
13. Crocks...ha ha ha
1. anything that causes muffin top
2. daisy dukes
3. painted hair (unless its a mohawk then absolutely)
4. a bra too small that causes nips to peep out
5. white socks with your dress flats
6. a see-through skirt with no slip
7. jean skirts slit too high (visible cottage cheese)
8. crusty heels
9. visible thong
10. sandals with panty hose
11. stirrup pants
12. 'mom' jeans
13. a strap-on
1. MC Hammer Pants
2. Pants that are ten times to big
3.Pants that are too tight
5.Marie's red shoes
7.Ponytail on top or side of my head
9. Banana Clips
12.Makeup that makes me look like a football player not a girl
2 sweaters that jingle when you walk with Rudolph’s big nose puffing out
3 Camel Toe pants
4 Jelly shoes
5 Spandex pants
6 Floral pants
7 Dresses that have shoulder pads
8 Any sweater that has a Disney character on it
9 Orange, red, pink, purple…..pants
10 Pants that tie all the way up your leg to show skin in-between
11 Gym shoes
12 Bengal’s t-shirt
13 Salmon Clogs
1. micro mini
2. flip flops
3. gym shoes
4. orange anything
6. ben wa
7. handkerchief on my head
8. plastic jewelry
9. body sparkles
10. terry cloth
11. fuzzy clogs
12. camel toe
13 Things You Would Never Wear To Work
1. SPRAY PAINTED HAIR
2. Flip Flops that cost under $12.50
3. Stretch pants
4. Muu Muus
6. Muffin Tops
7. Non-painted toe nails
8. Crusty heels
9. taperd jeans on Friday
10. Unwashed hair
11. Giant white sandal-esque things
12. Stone-washed denim
13. Sparkly belts
Tuesday, October 02, 2007
Friday, September 28, 2007
Thursday, September 27, 2007
1. Ironed my dad's guitar pick
Friday, September 21, 2007
I want to learn more about those who visit my blog. This is what I’d like to know:
What’s your job?
Do you have any kids?
Are you attached?
Do you have pets?
Your parents still alive?
Do you have siblings?
What’s your dream job?
You believe in angels?
If you answered any of these questions, I’d be very happy.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Friday, September 14, 2007
Saturday, September 08, 2007
Friday, September 07, 2007
It would be different if my life was a little more interesting. Like some of my friends and co-workers for instance. But I am not divorced (well I am but...) and still in love with my ex. Seeing him every chance I can, hoping to be with him knowing he is involved with someone else. That sounds so "General Hospital" doesn't it? But if that was what was going on in my life, I'm sure I'd have loads to write about. I am also not a single young women looking for love in all the wrong places. Finding a guy who I think is great, only to find out he'd sell his soul to the devil for another fix or drink. But what scintillating blogging that would make. Or what if I was in a relationship, but not really happy with it so I pick up other men from the Internet for a "good time" and not having to worry about making a commitment or really get involved. Talk about some good blogging material!! Or I'm not in the middle of buying a home and dealing with mortgage companies, mold, electrical inspections and interest rates. Now that would some wild posts!
Now I'm not judging my friends, not at all. It's their life, just as it is. They call the shots and make those decisions, and they all seem very happy and in control of their situations. I care about each one of them deeply. But to be honest, I like my somewhat boring life. I don't think I could handle all that drama going on all the time. I suppose I'm just settled. Comfortable and happy with who I am and where I am in my life. Either that or I am just good at convincing myself of that.
So I suppose I will continue to write about me and DJ, my kids and grandkids, my MS and my diabetes, my job, my lack of money and all the other things that go on in my daily life. Boring or not, it's my blog and I'm sticking to it!
Sunday, September 02, 2007
When the station first staged a fireworks display on Aug. 30, 1977, to celebrate its tenth anniversary, Riverfest was born. I was there that night with my best friend at the time as we watched the fireworks from the Roebling Bridge.
The initial event, publicized only on the station, caught city officials and police off guard when 50,000 people showed up. There was so little organization that a freight train pulled along the Cincinnati riverfront and stopped, blocking the exit for thousands after the show.
Cincinnati's recreation department quickly picked up organizing the day-long Riverfest and WEBN was content to produce the pyrotechnics. What started as a little birthday blow-out quickly became an end-of-the-summer tradition, now attracting almost two dozen corporate sponsors. The event is heavily touted as a tourist attraction.
Wireless technology allows a musical soundtrack to be synched with the booms to the millisecond by embedding computer chips in many of the shells. They trigger those shells' explosions by detecting a signal placed at key points in the soundtrack.
This year's soundtrack is more thematic than in past years, said WEBN production director Joel Moss. He says it will include more audio bites than usual, as it is designed to be a pop-culture history lesson, from LBJ to George Bush, from Sgt. Pepper to Korn.