Friday, September 07, 2007

Another Boring Blog Post

I am finding less and less to blog about. Is it because my life is so boring? Well it could be, as my life is not all that exciting,but blogging isn't about that. I started the blog to help me break the writing bloc I was having. Now three and half years later, I'm still blogging, but not writing.

It would be different if my life was a little more interesting. Like some of my friends and co-workers for instance. But I am not divorced (well I am but...) and still in love with my ex. Seeing him every chance I can, hoping to be with him knowing he is involved with someone else. That sounds so "General Hospital" doesn't it? But if that was what was going on in my life, I'm sure I'd have loads to write about. I am also not a single young women looking for love in all the wrong places. Finding a guy who I think is great, only to find out he'd sell his soul to the devil for another fix or drink. But what scintillating blogging that would make. Or what if I was in a relationship, but not really happy with it so I pick up other men from the Internet for a "good time" and not having to worry about making a commitment or really get involved. Talk about some good blogging material!! Or I'm not in the middle of buying a home and dealing with mortgage companies, mold, electrical inspections and interest rates. Now that would some wild posts!

Now I'm not judging my friends, not at all. It's their life, just as it is. They call the shots and make those decisions, and they all seem very happy and in control of their situations. I care about each one of them deeply. But to be honest, I like my somewhat boring life. I don't think I could handle all that drama going on all the time. I suppose I'm just settled. Comfortable and happy with who I am and where I am in my life. Either that or I am just good at convincing myself of that.

So I suppose I will continue to write about me and DJ, my kids and grandkids, my MS and my diabetes, my job, my lack of money and all the other things that go on in my daily life. Boring or not, it's my blog and I'm sticking to it!

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...