Friday, September 14, 2007

Another Birthday, I'm Getting Old!

Today marks the 26 anniversary of my oldest sons birth. Yep, 1981 little J1 was born on a rainy, muggy September evening. What a day that was! I took his mother to the doctor that day early in the morning as she was late, very late, like 14 days late. He decided to induce her. Of course we had no idea what that was, but we headed to the hospital in a downfall of one of the worst days of rain that year. As we drove along at a slow pace, because I couldn't see to drive, her window falls down! She gets soaked. I stop several times on the way to the hospital to stop the car and pull her window up only for it to fall before we reached the next red light.


So we get to the hospital and we think, cool this will be over soon. Boy we were wrong! We checked in the hospital about 9:00 a.m. and still by 3:00 p.m. no baby. We chose not to find out the sex of the baby, so my family were in the waiting room placing bets. 6:00 p.m still no baby. 7:00, 8:00, 8:30 then finally after almost 12 hours he came into the world screaming bloody murder.


This being my first experience in seeing a birth I was shaking like all get out. I couldn't even hold him I was shaking so bad. Now that I look back on it I'm not sure if it was nerves, the cold delivery room or the lack of food.


Yes, 26 years ago I became a father for the first time.

I love good memories like that.

Thanks Son, and Happy Birthday

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...