Saturday, November 17, 2007

My Own Little Taste of Paris


I have several girls at work that I call friends. There is of course "Midget" whom I've known now for over 8 years. We worked together at another law firm and were also room-mates for a while. Then we have "Full Figured Model", who is a daily source of entertainment, sharing stories of her family and her and her new husband. Then "Newlywed" is one of those girls you love, her wit and sarcasm is just the right amount to make your day go so much better, plus we get updates on when she is ovulating. Her and her new husband are wanting to child, SOON. "Momma Kentucky" is just that, momma, she mothers all of us, including me, who is 10 years her senior. There is not a day that goes by that she is not "offering" her motherly advise to one of us. Then there is "Paris". Paris is a single mom of two beautiful little girls and who is quite attractive herself. Even though she refers to herself as Fatty McNofriends, which is not the case. She just says that so we will tell her that she is NOT fat, but we all got wise to that, and now we just ignore that comment or agree with her.

Most of the people I work with are highly educated individuals. I believe most of us have a degree or at least some kind of higher education. However, no amount of education is going to change who each of us really are. Case in point:

Paris has a brother that lives and works in D.C. She is planning a trip to visit him soon, however she has never flown before and does not want to make the trip alone, so she has asked Midget to be her companion on a little long weekend excursion. She is all excited about the trip, even though she is somewhat hesitant about flying. As she is talking about making her trip she makes the following statement;

"Oh I am so excited, I can not wait to go. Oh, I forgot, now I'm going to have to get a passport, aren't I?"

Yes, somethings do not change even if you are college educated. And now you know why we call her Paris.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This Paris friend sounds awesome!

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...