Friday, October 12, 2007

Keys


The word Key has varied meanings depending on if it is used as a verb or a noun or adjective.
No, this is not a grammar lesson, but just a look at this world that I call my life. As an example, today I made a key observation. Everything and everyone are not what they seem. Not that I didn't already know that, at 47 I've seen quite a few duplicitous people. Yet, it always annoys me when they are revealed that I did not see it sooner. Maybe someday I'll be able to do that.

I also made another key observation today. Regardless if you are in the wrong, or in the right, blame will still follow many times just because of your associations. You'd think I would have learnt that by now as well. I have, but sometimes you get caught up in the moment and forget these key essential rules to life and relationships.

However, regardless of these things life moves on and you will run across another one of the people that are not what they seem, and you will also get caught into a situation where you are guilty by association. It happens. No matter how hard you try to avoid it. The key is to learn from it and when you see it coming you can make the choices that are beneficial to you.

The bottom line is that you are the only one that is going to look out for you. No one else. No one else is going to really watch your back. You have to do that yourself. Some people say that is being callus or selfish, but it's the truth.

So I learnt lessons today. That's a good thing.

Oh by the way did I tell you that DJ and I get our KEY tomorrow!!
Yes, tomorrow is the day we begin moving out of the basement and into our own place again.
I promise pictures in the future! That is what it is really all about. A key to our future.

1 comment:

Mila said...

Hello from Buenos Aires, your writing is pleasant.
I have put your blog in my link, that way I visit often.
Cheers Mila

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...