Saturday, December 29, 2007

Looking Back at 2007


As I look back at 2007 I really can say that this year was a good year. Not a great year, but on a scale of 1 to 10 I'd give it a seven. I mean there were a lot of things that I would have done differently, but other things were better than I would have imagined.


January was exciting and new. I had a new job and was learning all the ins and outs of my new job and the responsibilities that came with it. February brought a lot of snow and ice, and with that came sickness, it seemed the entire month I was feeling under the weather. March brought the better weather, and it also brought a few more bucks into our pockets. Dan went into the hospital and it brought a realization to me just how fast everything could be gone. He healed and came back home to me, and a whole new appreciation for the love we have. April was full of a lot of rain, and I became addicted to American Idol! Other than that April was quiet and nothing really exciting happened. May came and went without fanfare, June was much of the same. July DJ and i went camping, the first time in a couple years, and a much needed vacation. We had a great time, and of course I became a year older. DJ's grandmother passed in July, and I got the news that I am going to be a grandfather again. August brought a lot of changes in my life. I found out in August that I was diabetic. Everyday I was going to have to take medication to keep it under control, and change the way I eat. Silver's father passed in August. August was not a good month. September marked the end of a very hot, dry summer. It also brought the end of us living in the basement as we made the step to move out of DJ's mother's house and move back into our own place. We moved out officially in October and the entire month was full of changes and moves. DJ also started his new job. October was a plus month. November brought in the holidays and family, and December so far has been a great month.


So another year is coming to a close and a new year is right around the corner. No resolutions, as I can never keep them anyway, but I look forward to what the New Year is going to bring. It will be 2008, and I'm sure it's going to be great!

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...