Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Irk

irk
verb
irked, irking1. To annoy or irritate, especially persistently.
Thesaurus: irritate, provoke, bother, annoy, aggravate, peeve, vex, perturb, weary, tire, rile, bug (slang), rub the wrong way; Antonym: please.

I’ve not used that word often, I prefer the word pet-peeve. But after reading Til the Cows Come Home's posting today I thought of the word irk. There are a few things that really irk me.

Like people talking on a cell phone while trying to operate an automobile. There should be a law against that.
I also do not deal well with duplicitous people. Such a sure sign of low self-esteem.
Dirty public bathrooms! I will not even go into a public bathroom anymore.
Also getting the wrong thing at the drive thru, and not realizing it until you get all the way home.

And then there is George...
This irks the hell out of me!! But the majority put him in back in office.

I know some other things that irk others. Budlight Girl’s best friend, Red hates it when someone blows their nose at a dinner table. My employer gets really irked when she is told she has done something wrong, as she NEVER makes a mistake. I remember as a kid my mom would go through the roof when my father would sit on the sofa next to her and pass gas. (yeah that’s pretty irksome). Or use the "F" word. Some people, like DJ’s uncle just irk me when he walks into the room. But what other’s do are one thing, but what about the things that the one you love does? The one that shares your home and your bed. I love DJ, more than anything, but there are a few things that he does that just irk the hell out of me.

Like when he cracks his knucles in bed.

Actually that's about all I can think of. Hmmm?
I thought there were more...
No seriously that's about it.
Okay I know there has to be something else. Come on Michael, surely there is something he does besides cracking his knuckles in bed that irks you?
Damn.
Nothing is coming to me, now THAT really irks me.

So what does your significant other do that irks you? Oh come on share, I won't tell.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...