Sunday, January 30, 2005

I'm SO Over Winter


I am so tired of this picture. I am so over the winter weather. It seems like every weekend we have to contend with the ice and the snow. Friday while getting lunch at work I go to the drive-thru (Rally's or Checker's in some parts of the country) and I'm sitting there in the line admiring the guy behind me in my side view mirror when all of a sudden. BUMP. The woman in front of me is backing up! Where is she going? You are in the drive-thru bitch, there is no where for you to go. I blow on the horn and she and her passenger both get out of their dilapadated mini-van.

"Oh I'm so sorry. I didn't even see you!"
"Maybe if you had side view mirrors and a rear view mirror you would have."

Her passenger who makes Carson from Queer Eye look straight just gives a twist and goes back into the van. There was no damage, just a little scratch, and I continue to make my way for my deep fried, dried up, crispy chicken sandwich with fries and a small coke.

Fast Forward to Saturday Night...

DJ calls from work and says he is getting off early. (Oh goodie now maybe I can too!!) It's 8:30 so I jump into the car and head to town to pick him up. I pull out of my street onto the main road and stop at a red light. I proceed through the intersection at a slow rate of speed as the roads are snow-covered and somewhat icy, and again. BUMP.

Mr. Teenage Ghetto Wannabe in his wannabe-mobile was unable to stop at his red light do to his high rate of speed and slides into the back-end of our car. He then proceeds to speed up, unable to control his heap of metal on wheels with chrome rims and slids into the sidewalk. I get out to check my car and him. Car is fine, just another little scratch on the back to match the new one on the front. He on the other hand is screaming profanities. I come towards him and ask him if he is okay.

"What the fuck you think?"
"My car is okay, just wanted to make sure you are okay."
"I have no fucking insurance, so who is going to pay for this?"
"Well seeing how you ran a red light, I suppose you will."
Another gentleman who was in the lane next to me concurs. Then the little ass who caused this minor distruption then goes back to his car and calls someone on the cell phone. He then says.

"The police are not coming, they said to exchange insurance companies and phone numbers. But I don't have any insurance, so if you are okay and your car is okay I guess there is no sense in calling them, right?"
"My car is fine, I was just making sure you are ok."
"I'm fine faggot, just go."

Okay, fuck you too.
I pick up DJ an hour late and we head home.
Today I stayed in the house. Maybe I will stay here until April.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...