Tuesday, January 25, 2005

I Didn't Do Too Bad

Take a look back a few days to HERE, and you can see my predictions for the nominations. Here is the complete list of the five major awards for this year's Oscars. (the one with asterisk's are the ones I missed...)

Best Picture -100% Correct

"The Aviator","Finding Neverland", "Million Dollar Baby", "Ray", and "Sideways."

Performance by an actor in a leading role

*Don Cheadle in “Hotel Rwanda” ( I suppose Paul Giamatti hasn't paid his dues yet)
Johnny Depp in “Finding Neverland”
Leonardo DiCaprio in “The Aviator”
Clint Eastwood in “Million Dollar Baby”
Jamie Foxx in “Ray”

Performance by an actor in a supporting role

*Alan Alda in “The Aviator” (Good Surprise)
Thomas Haden Church in “Sideways”
*Jamie Foxx in “Collateral”
(Both Actor and Supporting, he will walk away a winner or a double loser)
Morgan Freeman in “Million Dollar Baby”
Clive Owen in “Closer”

Performance by an actress in a leading role - 100% Correct

Annette Bening in “Being Julia”
Catalina Sandino Moreno in “Maria Full of Grace”
Imelda Staunton in “Vera Drake”
Hilary Swank in “Million Dollar Baby”
Kate Winslet in “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind”

Performance by an actress in a supporting role

Cate Blanchett in “The Aviator”
Laura Linney in “Kinsey”
Virginia Madsen in “Sideways”
*Sophie Okonedo in “Hotel Rwanda”
(Okay so Gwen Stefani was a longshot, I can wish can't I?)
Natalie Portman in “Closer”

Next week I will give my guesses on the winners.
I still don't understand why Gwen wasn't nominated....

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...