Thursday, January 27, 2005

See You Feb. 27th

Okay here they are. My lame guesses of the winners of this years Oscars. I am usually pretty good at my predictions, but this year is tough.

Best Picture: This will definitely go to THE AVIATOR. Hands down favorite. It's a bioepic about Howard Hughes, and the film has more stars than the Big Dipper.

Best Actor: This year's race for actor is tough, but I think that Jamie Foxx will pull it out. I don't think the academy cares for Leo, and they have already counted out Johnny. Don Cheadle is a first time nominee. The only one possibly that can take it from Jamie will be Clint Eastwood.

Best Actress: Everyone is saying it's going to be either Annette or Hilary. I think that everyone is going to be surprised when Imelda Stauton walks off with the statuette. But I
won't hold my breath on that.

Supporting Actor: I would have hoped it will be Thomas Haden Church for his role in Sideways, but I think that Alan Alda will take the gold this year.

Supporting Actress: It's been a long time coming, but Virginia Madsen will be the winner this year, and well-deserved.

I know I didn't predict the nominations for Director but I do want to predict the winner. This year Martin Scorcesee will finally receive his just rewards. A brillant director, he should have way before now.

Don't run to Vegas and put any money on these, but I think I may do well. See you on Oscar Night.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...