Monday, January 03, 2005

Back to Basics

Back at work after a three day Holiday and the snowstorm we had right before Christmas. Everything has melted and no problems getting into work, Damn! It's the first of the month so things are hectic here. But still time to blog. Last night DJ and I ventured into my recent past. We played D&D. Remember Dungeons & Dragons? Well a few years ago I was dating a guy named Tracy that was as addicted to D&D as I am currently addicted to SIMS. After he and I went our seperate ways I put away my D&D dice and forgot about it. While going through some boxes, DJ stumbled across the dice and asked me about them. He had never played D&D, but he is a huge fan of Fantasy Novels (Robert Jordan, etc.) so I knew he'd love D&D. I explained the basics and we began creating a charecter. He was enthralled with it, and I was enjoying seeing us being able to do something we both like together. So tomorrow we are heading to Barnes & Nobles to get the actual game and Rulebook. That is what is important in relationships, communication and mutual interest. Not that DJ and I have been having any problems, for we haven't, but me sitting for hours on the computer playing SIMS and he in the bedroom reading his fantasy novels was becoming a little old. So now we can play D&D and then play SIMS and read our fantasy novels. Back to the basics, yep it's fun.

Oh and by the way for those of you that asked about my son and his girlfriend regarding this posting...she's not.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...