Monday, December 13, 2004

So, What's Up With You?

It is almost 3:00 a.m. and I am still awake. It may be from the fact that I didn't get up today until about 12:30 in the afternoon, but I do not sleep in that often. It may be from the fact that my chest is hurting, (no not a heart attack, at least I don't think so, it's that damn acid reflux and it feels like it is coming up through my chest.) No it's neither of those things that has me wide awake when most people are fast asleep, such as DJ.

My insomnia can be blamed on my oldest son. I refer to him as J1, but his name is Joe and he called me today(well yesterday now), the conversation went something like this...

"Hey dad, what's up with you?"
"Not alot, eating lunch, you?"
"Not too much. I need some help."
"What's wrong?"
"well nothing really, we've just overspent, you know car payments, rent, electric bills, insurance..."
"Yeah we had all come due this past week too. I can't help today, but I can tomorrow after I get paid."
"Not alot, I mean with Christmas and all. If you could just give me an early Christmas present."
"Sure, not a problem, want to meet up after work tomorrow?"
"Sounds good. Oh, by the way. Mandy has to go to the doctor that's why I need some extra cash."
"She okay?"
"Well yeah, but she may be pregnant..."

There was silence on the line while I gained my composure, and then I told him I'd see them tomorrow. I'm not too worked up over it,as I went through this with my daughter a year or so ago, and it was a false alarm. Then i was not ready for grandparenting, but now? Well yeah, I think I am ready. I think. I'm just not sure that DJ is...

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...