Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Twenty Years? Where did it go?

Today is my daughter's 20th birthday.
Twenty years ago today, in similar weather conditions, my ex wife and I were shopping in the local K-mart when her water broke and she went into labor. (My God how middle America does that sound?) We rushed to the hospital and within 15 minutes of our arrival at the hospital the Princess was born. From day one she brought us joy and excitement, and she continues to bring us that joy, and sometimes unwanted excitement. We love you Princess and Happy Birthday.

Christmas was delightful! We had a wonderful holiday, at both set of parents. My mother invited DJ to her home Christmas Day for dinner and even my brother gave him a warm welcome. Does wonders ever cease? Christmas at DJ's was great. All of his family was there, and as always they treated me as one of the family. We invited his sister and her husband over for New Years Eve.

Most of you are aware of the major winter storm that hit our area before the holidays. Yesterday was the first day I went into work since the 21st. After 8 inches of snow the first night, and another 7 to 8 inches the following night it crippled us for a few hours. The weather report is calling for a warm trend to come through tomorrow so we are hoping it will be warm enough to melt all of this, then of course we will probably have flash floods due to the major amount of water. It's always something.

So the holidays are behind us, and soon this year will be behind us. So off to the new year and another twenty years ahead. uh....let's not think about that....

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...