Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Best of 2004

I love lists. I love going over the past year and review what I've liked and not liked. As a kid I would spend New Years Day sitting in my room with the radio on and four empty cassette tapes and record the top 100 songs of the year. I did that every year up until I was married. I would love to know where those tapes went, They'd be worth a fortune of good "oldies!" So before 2004 is gone and I forget, here is my...

BEST (and some of the worst) OF 2004



Best Movies I've Seen This Year-
Shrek 2
Stepford Wives
Kill Bill 2
Sideways
Spiderman 2
The Butterfly Effect
A Home at the End of the World
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Best Worst Film-
The Grudge


Best Commercial- Brylcreem (British TV)
Best Reality Show- Amazing Race 5
Best TV Show- CSI / Trading Spaces
Best TV Show Finale- The Final Friends
Best TV Show Finale that Frustrated Me- Angel
Best TV News Over Exposure- Scott Peterson Trial / Michael Jackson
Best New TV Show- Desperate Housewives
Most Over Rated Entertainer of the Year- Britney Spears
Most Annoying TV Anchor- Dan Rather
Best Retirement Announcement- Dan Rather
Cutest TV Anchor- CNN's Bill Hemmer
Most Anticipated Movie That Didn't Own Up- Alexander
Biggest Homophobes- Eminem /George Bush/ Hollywood for cutting scenes in Brokeback Mountain, A Home at the End of the World and Alexander.
Best Reprehensible Use of a Political Tool - Dick Cheney using his daughters sexuality to garner votes.

Most Annoying People of 2004; Anna Nicole Smith, William Chung; Dan Rather & Britney Spears
Greatest Losses of 2004- Christopher Reeve, Janet Leigh, Marlon Brando, Ray Charles & 831 soldiers in Iraq making a total of 1,293
Best Baby Names - Roman / Makena
Worst Baby Names - Phinneus / Apple


Biggest Disappointment- The Presidential Election
Biggest Break Up - Barbie & Ken
Biggest Suprise of '04 - Boston Red Sox
Best Gay Quote- "I am a Gay American" former Gov. Jim McGreevey
Best Books I've Read-
A Home At The End of The World
Dry
Shameless

My Most Read Blogs-
towleroad
A Slice of Life
Oh La La Paris
Wonderboy

Cutest Bloggers-(besides myself of course!)
Shane @ Happily Stuck in Ithaca
Graham @ grahams crackers (yeah I know he is my cousin)



I will add more to the list as the year winds down, so come back often!!

1 comment:

Shane said...

Man, Graham IS cute. ;-)

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...