Saturday, January 08, 2005

Ahoy, Mate

Pirate talk, that's what I'm using these days if you want to know. "Shiver me timbers..." The reason for my strange vocabulary of late is due to the fact that I have a patch over my left eye. Yep, a patch. Now all I need is the parrot on my shoulder.

On Wednesday I began experiencing some minor pain in my eyes. I assumed it was strain or sinus, so I ignored it. Thursday while at the Drive thru waiting for lunch I got a searing pain in my left eye and then everything went a little dim and blurry. I sat there for a few minutes after getting my #2 with cheese, and a coke and my sight finally returned, but was still somewhat unfocused. So off to the doctor I went as I was of course thinking my MS was acting up again and I would be blind by the end of the year. (I'm really not an alarmist, Suffer from hypochondria? Well, maybe). The doctor assured me that It was not my MS, but just severe eye strain. He gave me some drops and said if it wasn't better in a few days to come back. Well, by Friday it was worse. I was really having a hard time seeing and focusing so right back to the clinic I went. This time they actually called in an eye doctor to look at it. And it was not eye strain, but apparently a tear on my cornea. How did I tear my cornea? Who knows, but it's tore. So more drops into my eye and a patch that I have to wear for the entire weekend. But that's better than loosing my eyesight. So until then "me matey's I'll be off looking fer treasure..."

On another note in the NEWS World... Today the King of rock and Roll turns 70. Elvis at 70; could you imagine that hunk of burning love? So wherever you may be Elvis Aaron Presley, Happy Birthday.
And if you haven't already heard, Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston have seperated. It's official they both claim that they atill have great love and admiration for one another, but they are currently seperated. Nothing being said about divorce, but I'm sure it will come soon enough.
Inspiration for the Special Olympics, Rosemary Kennedy died.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...