Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Kids, Reunions and the Weather

Well, I'm back. See told you I would. I had a very full weekend. Friday my two youngest boys came for the weekend and we had a great time. They seemed to be on their best behavior all weekend. Although DJ was ready for them to go home on Monday. His patience was beginning to wear thin.

Saturday I went to Veruca's home for a "Stock the Bar Party". He and Jewels bought a new condo and one of Veruca's co-workers hosted the party. I brought a bottle of White Wine. All alcohol brought for their bar had to start with the first letter of your last name. There were people there I had not seen in sometime. Miss "Thang was there as always. She lost some more weight and is looking good. Our own Phoebe Buffay was also present and apparently she has a new boyfriend!! You go Phoebe!! Miss Firecracker was present as well with her new beau, who was quite good looking. Apparently Miss Firecracker stated he had some other assests as well, but I will not go into those at the present time... The evening was a sucsess for Veruca and Jewels, but I had to depart early as Silver had my boys while I was partying.

Sunday of course was the funeral for my friend Kathy who passed last week. Again I saw a lot of people that I had not seen in sometime. Many of whom I didn't even recognize. They all chatted about their jobs, their kids and their winter homes in Tennessee and Georgia. Not much differant than the party the night before. I really think those visitation things are so sad. I mean you go to pay respects to someone that you shared part of your life with and it becomes a reunion with the living, and little regard is given to the departed. I didn't stay long, but I did say hello to Kathy's father and stepmother to let them know I was there and gave them my respects.

Monday, Martin Luther King Jr. day and I stayed in bed until 11:45! Hey I had a dream, and it was good and I didn't want to get up. But I finally craweled out from under the warmth of the blankets to -2 degrees outside. Brrrrrrr. Last week it was in the 60's here and now it is below zero! Strange weather we are having. Took the boys home last night, all is now quiet again.

So that was my weekend. And before you you say it....How boring was yours?

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...