Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Nothing Special

Not too much to blog about today, nothing really special. I just wish the rain would stop. I don't think we have seen the sun since Christmas. The Tsunami has really fucked up the weather everywhere. Out in California they are having absolutely crazy weather, mudslides, rain, snow you name it. Here today we had thunder and lightening, something that usually happens in March or April, not January. With all the rain we have flooding all over, but not as bad as some has had it. It's so dreary, gloomy and depressing. Not me though. I'm trying to kick that habit. Smile, smile, smile.

Speaking of the tsunami, did you hear that they are finding very few animal remains from the tidal wave? Yes, apparently the elephants and other animals have a heightened sense of smell and sound and they evacuated a little sooner than the humans. They say that elephants in particular have not been found, as they can hear anything within a 5 mile radius! Talk about eavesdropping!

Have you heard the latest in the Democratic Party? It seems as though my favorite candidate Howard Dean has his sights now set on the chairmanship of the DNC. I suppose that would mean he would not run for President in '08 if that's the case.

I know, I did it to. I jumped on this Brad and Jennifer bandwagon. And I'm going to do it again. You know about them splitting up. Now it seems as though everyone has their opinion as to why. He wanted a baby, she wanted a career, He wanted Angelina Jolie, she wants fidelity, yada yada yada...It goes on and on. It all boils down to one thing. He wants a guy, she's tired of being a "beard". There you have my opinion now. Or perhaps maybe they are just on a "break".

If you know me you know I am a huge Academy Awards nut. I know way too much about the history of the "Oscars" but that does not stop me from getting excited about it. I am currently working on my predictions of who will be nominated on the 25th and will post them as soon as I am finished. Then once the nominations are announced I will give my predictions of who will win, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...