Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Dreams

Some dreams I like.
When I win the lottery.
But then I wake up and I am pissed off because it's a dream.

Other dreams I don't like at all. I don't want to sound all "Shirley Mcclaine" here, but my dreams sometimes come true. Well somewhat.
I've had dreams my entire life that have been what I call premonitions. Like the one when I was 12, I had a dream about finding one of the girls in my neighborhood dead. On my 13th birthday she was killed in an automobile accident. Or dreams like I had three days before my uncle died, this just a few weeks ago. I dreamed I was talking to his two brothers (who by the way passed on some years ago) and the conversation was about Uncle Chet. Two days later I got the call that he had passed.

Those kind of dreams I don't like.

I had another strange dream Sunday evening. It was a dream in which I was at my grandparents home (both who are now deceased) and I was helping my grandmother with the dishes and my grandfather was watching TV. My grandmother looked at me and said. "My son is coming home." The son she was referring to was my mother's only brother that we have not seen or heard from in over 18 years. I woke up feeling a little freaked after that dream. I went to dinner last night with my mother. As we were eating our dinner she says...
"We heard from my brother." I about choked.
"Please tell me, he is not dead."
"No, but apparently the doctors found a brain tumor and removed it Saturday. He has fully recovered, but seems to have lost his long term memory."
"But he is alive, right?"
"Yeah, his wife said he was doing fine. It was touch and go and he did almost die on the operating table, but he is fine."

Yeah, I need to stop having those kind of dreams. DJ said that if I have any dreams with me talking to his dead relatives, to just keep it to myself.

I prefer the dreams where I win the lottery.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...