Monday, May 02, 2005

Three Square Meals

I'm hungry this morning. No, really I'm starving. It's 10:30 and I haven't eaten yet. Not that, that is something normal, I mean eating breakfast. I do not normally eat breakfast. I know, I know, it's the most important meal of the day, but I have never been a morning person, and the last thing I want to do is fix something to eat before noon. I can not understand why I'm so hungry. Then it dawned on me...

Yesterday; My day off. I woke about 10:20 (thanks to Xander laying on my kidney) and actually fixed me a bowl of Frosted Flakes. I would say they are my favorite cereal. Theeerrre Great!! So after I had Tony's favorite I sat at the computer and played Sims2.

Silver called and we had made plans on Friday to get together and play some D&D on Sunday. (See his post) So he stopped at KFC for some good Colonel Sander's chicken. It had been awhile since I had eaten there, and it actually was pretty good. After the demise of Silver's D&D character, he and his son left and I went back to Sims2. (I really need to get out more often) About 5:00 DJ began our dinner. Fresh Lemon Peppered Perch, with green beans and scalloped potatoes.
So that's the reason I'm hungry at 10:30 today. I had three square meals yesterday. If you count Frosted Flakes as a meal, square or otherwise. It's been ages since I've done that.

On another note, I talked to my son J1 last night. He called about 11:00. He is having some serious financial problems due to being out of work for almost three weeks due to a back injury. We talked for about an hour and I left the conversation feeling badly. I couldn't help him with his money woes. He has been on his own, more or less since he was 17 and very rarely does he ask me for money. I think in the past 6 years I've given him money maybe twice. He didn't ask last night, but I know he was hoping I could help. Our finances right now are not the best either, and I just didn't have it. He asked me if his grandparents could help out and I told him it wouldn't hurt to ask. He is a very proud person, and to ask for money really bothers him. He should be back on his feet financially in a few weeks, but I know how overwhelming it can be in those situations. I just wish I could have been able to assist. I also hope he understands.

Speaking of money and the lack thereof, DJ and I have to find suitable living accommodations that fit our budget. We looked into buying, but that is not an option at this point, so we will have to continue to throw our money away in rent payments. Not knowing what his job situation is going to be at the end of the month does not help. But as I told my son, all things seem to work out, and I know that will be the case in our situation as well.

I blame it all on GWB. It's his fault. Too much more of him and we won't be able to afford three square meals.

How far away is 2008?

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...