Sunday, March 26, 2006

Mail Order Books

I received my newest book from my book club InsightOut Books. ALEX IN WONDERLAND. This one looks like a good one. I love gay fiction, especially if it is comedic, and this one has all the plots and subplots to be just that. Alex is a rich, handsome twenty-six year old closeted gay male, who's father has set up a merger, HIS merger to Camilla Spivey. So he runs off and hides with his drag queen friend Jolie.
Michael D. Craig, Author of the Ice Sculptures: A Novel of Hollywood says that Alex in Wonderland is "Tennessee Williams meets Jackie Collins with a dash of Truman Capote..."

As I begin reading this book it makes it even more real that I still have not worked on my own book. I have to get this thing finished and work on getting it published. I mean the whole reason I started this blog was to help me get out of my writers bloc and get it finished.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...