Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Where's the Ethics?

I am sick to death of all the media attention that is buzzing around Martha Stewart. Unlike some gay men I can not stand the lady. Nothing personal, I just think that she is not all that. The woman was a tried, convicted liar, thief and cheat. Although she still holds that she did nothing wrong. Where's the humility in all that? Last week every TV station and broadcast news reports shown here coming home from prison. I remember the day when the news reported heroes coming home, like the men that went to the moon, Presidents that finished their term and went back home to retire and live out their days. Or the ticker tape parades for service men coming home from war. We've now lowered ourselves to report a convicted fraud returning to her 16 million dollar estate.

I understand now that she is going to be teaching a business class!! I'm sure the ethics of business will not be one of the subjects. Then she is going to be on Apprentice?? What is this? I never watched the show before, and I'm certainly not going to watch it now. We have made her out to be a hero and a great business mind. Excuse me, she is a convicted thief. Or did everyone forget about that? I just don't understand where ethics and morals have disappeared to in this country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the empathy might come from the fact that the other CEO's the totally robed people are still running around. I also wonder what will happen when Jackson gets convicted, because he sure will be.

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...