Thursday, March 10, 2005

Link-less

I was awaken this morning at 7:15 a.m. by a doorbell. I don't even remember what 7:15 looks like anymore. I grabbed my robe and went to the door. It was an electrician. And not a very good looking one I may add. Or that may have been due to the fact that my eyes had not had time to focus. I knew nothing about an electrician, Lady L, our landlady had not notified us of anyone coming, so I told him he would have to come back or call the owner. I went back to bed, cuddled under the warmth of the blankets and DJ and tried to go back to sleep, but to no avail. Thanks in part to Cordelia. She has turned into the bitch cat from hell. And she decided to play hide and seek with my toes. Then Xander decided it was time for us to get up, so he came to the bed and began to meow.

Okay, Okay I get the message. I got up. Decided I'd read up on some of the bloggers on my links, only to find out that they were gone. I was Link-Less!! Thank goodness I put them in my favorites. So I suppose Blogroll is down or something, as I can not even get to the web site. So for now I'm link-less. So I went and took my shower and got to work 25 minutes earlier than I normally do. It was actually nice. No rushing around trying to get things done before we unlock the doors for business.

Went to dinner at Allyn's Cafe last night with Veruca. First time I had been there and I must say I enjoyed it. Not a big fancy cafe, but more like a neighborhood bar & grill. The food was exceptionally good, well the chicken fingers and cheese fries anyway. Their drinks were strong, but not expensive and of course the conversation was good. It had been a while since Veruca and I had a girl's night out, and it was nice. We caught up with each other and then went back to his place and had a glass of wine and more conversation. Then I sent him to the link of Fred Durst's penis, only to find out that Mr. Durst is filing suit against those that stole his piece of video, and the links were dead. Sorry Veruca, but you didn't really miss much. Looks like Fred is link-less as well.

I have my sons this weekend, so trying to find something to do, other than hanging out at the house playing Sims2. So this morning after I got to work I began searching the net for events in the area that my sons and myself might enjoy. Again, links down!! What is wrong today, is the internet having a malfunction, or had their been a major terrorist virus sent into all computers in the land not allowing you to use links? Or was it my new computer on the fritz, or worse, virus laden??? Now I'm worried. I ran defrag and virus scan, and anything else I could think of, but still no link ability. I am totally link-less!!

What did we do before the days of World Wide Web?

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...