Friday, April 07, 2006

Working Day Off

I have the day off. I actually have four days off. I was not really off yesterday as I had a meeting with one of our suppliers yesterday. A training meeting on a new software we will be using, it was 8-5. I am not sure when the last time I got up that early to be somewhere other than when we go camping. Today DJ is working for me and I was going to spend the morning and afternoon with my parentals, and then pick up my two youngest boys for the weekend. The parentals are not home, so I opted to spend this beautiful spring day that I have off, doing laundry, and cleaning the house. It really needed it, With both DJ and I working six days a week, it does not take long for the house to get forgotten. So with the 75 degree sunny weather outside, I'm inside sorting the whites from the jeans and vacuuming the entire place. But I don't mind, I like to clean, and I like the results. Nothing better than a nice clean home. At least until my boys arrive this evening.

I began writing again. Not just my blog, but my book, REALITY CHECK. (the actual purpose for this blog) I have four parts, with about 32 chapters completed and it seems as though I could just go on and on with this story, but sooner or later I'm going to have to come to an end. The story is a ficticious account of three of my friends, DJ and myself, a dramadey is what I call it. It seems as though when I pick it back up to write, I think of more and more new adventures that I can get myself into. The first part is my friend Veruca and my shopping trip to Midwestern Kentucky, Part two is about DJ and my adventure in purchasing and refurbishing our home, Part four is about Silver, DJ and myself trip to Vegas, and I am currently working on a trip across country. It is amazing the things my "ficticious" characters get themselves into, and with all of us being gay, it can be quite amusing as well. But I have to finish it, do a big wrap and come to an end of the gay adventures, but how do I do that. I don't want to follow the same old tired routine of growing old and growing apart (even though in real life that is what seems to be happening), so what do I do?

Any Ideas?

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...