Saturday, July 02, 2005

Dog Gone


I have mentioned before the uncanny ability to sometimes see things before they happen. The most recent being the death of my uncle. It's not a gift that I like, or even can control. And it doesn't happen all the time, very rare actually. But today was even more uncanny.

My parents have had a white alaskan malamute dog for several years. His name is "Bear". It is an outside dog, and not one that has become attached to the family. Unlike their terrier "Cricket" that is treated better than my brothers and I were when we lived at home. Anyway...

My son AT and I were discussing dogs at Silver's house earlier tonight and I mentioned Bear. AT then stated. "Dad when did Bear die?" I responded that he wasn't dead, as I had just saw him a few days earlier. AT insisted that Bear had died. So I called my mother to settle the "bet". She wasn't home so I left her a message to call me at Silver's house and I said..."it's about your dog."

Mom called a few hours later and she asked me what did I want. Here is the conversation...

"It's about Bear."
"What about Bear?"
"AT said he was dead, and I told him that he wasn't, will you tell him that he is not dead."
"Well he is."
"He is? When, see you never tell me anything."
"No, you don't understand. Your father is burying him right now. We found him dead when we arrived home a little while ago."

Okay, that is just too weird. Now it seems my son AT has acquired my gift.

By the way the bet was a tie. AT was right that the dog was dead, but I was right that he wasn't dead when AT said that he was. But does it really matter, the dog is gone, and we are just weird.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...