Saturday, October 29, 2005

Hangovers and Grandfathers

Now that I have had a few hours and several rum & cokes to soften the blow, I'm now able to entertain the ideal of being a grandfather. It was inevitable that this day would come. I mean I have four kids, so sooner or later I was determined to become a grandfather. At first it brought my mortality into light. (that's my mortality, not my morality, that's always in question!)

Being a grandpa sounds like I'm an old man. When I think of grandfathers I think of old balding men. Not virile, young gay men. Not that I'm all that virile anymore and god knows I'm not as young as I used to be, but I am gay.

I don't think I know any gay grandpas. Maybe I can start a club. The Gay Grandpa Club.

But thinking further on it I decided this was an opportunity to have another chance of molding and influencing another life. For the good, hopefully. And the thought of holding a little baby again sounds very nice. There is just something about babies that brings something out in a gay man. That's all I need is for more of my feminine side to come out!

Anyway, I'm happy about it. Excited and thankful. So I went out last night with DJ and Silver to celebrate. We had dinner at 'ZA, a new pizza place that once used to be UNOS, and then hit the bars. Most of our old hangouts had either closed or lost their liquor license so we found a new gay bar that some of our old bartender buddies had opened up. It was great. Good atmosphere, good part of town and of course THE hottest bartender in Cincy. His name is Mike and at 39 he still looks yummy. As I told him last night he was like a fine wine, just gets better with age. We also found out that one of the old gay standby for eats in Cincinnati had closed and reopened as a Video Bar, called Union Station. They have one in Columbus that we love, so hopefully this one will be just as good.

We got home around 1:15 and the celebration was ended.
Now back to reality today.
Nursing a hangover as a potential grandpa feels the same as it always has. Maybe I need to read this SITE more often.
Somethings never change.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...