Wednesday, February 02, 2005

A Year Has Passed

A year ago today I posted my very first entry on my first blog (with mblog and the data has been lost) however, I saved my first entry on word, so here was me a year ago today:

I am excited! I start my new job today and my blog. My publisher told me that I should start a journal, it would help me with my writing bloc. Not so sure how this thing works, but I'm sure I will catch on soon enough. After being unemployed for a few months (six) I am looking forward to this new job. I will be working as property manager for DJ's grandparents businesses. They have two office buildings, three mini storage facilities and a 24 unit townhome complex. My job will be to see to the daily running of each of these facilities, call for any maintenence, take rent payments, etc. Pay is good, just no benefits. So this is it. A new start, A new job, and a new blog. Welcome.

So that was it. Not real exciting, and not much has changed in a year, other than we have moved from downtown into the suburbs, we now own three cats instead of one. That's about it. Oh we are a year older.

Speaking of a year older, DJ will be turning 25 at the end of the month. I am beside myself trying to figure out what to get him for his birthday. We are having a party for him at his mother's, but I want to do more than just a party. Any ideas out there??

My baby son will also be turning a year older this month. AT will be 12 on the 10th. The last year before he turns a teen. Where has all the years gone.

Today also marks another anniversary. On today's date in 1995 I moved out of my home, seperated from my wife of 14 years and began my journey into the real me. Wow, ten years.

Okay enough of walking down memory lane. I need to decide on what to get DJ for his birthday.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...