Monday, February 14, 2005

Grammy Overview

Before I say anything else on today's post I want to wish the love of my life, DJ a Happy Valentine's Day. I "HEART" you!!

I don't normally don't watch the Grammys. But last night I had to. It was on every station at the bar we were at. DJ, Silver Fox and I went out for a late Sunday night drink and low and behold the Grammys were on.

At first I thought we were watching American Idol auditions until I realized that it was Jennifer Lopez and her husband Marc Antony singing, well trying to sing. Everyone said this was supposed to be the BIGGEST event of the Grammys. I thought it was the absolute worst. The one that blew me away was the duet by Jamie Foxx and Alicia Keys. Now that was music.

The highlights of the night for me was Matthew McConaghey presenting a Lifetime Acheivement Award to Lynard Skynard. YUM! Tim McGraw singing his Grammy nominated song "live Like You Were Dying" (Double YUM!) and of course the great Melissa Manchester and newcomer Joss Stone performing Janis Joplin, who also was presented a Lifetime Acheivement Award. Melissa who recently was diagnosed with cancer came out onstage and the entire bar was shocked. Her hair was totally gone. But the lady was still beautiful and fantastic.

I know that Ray Charles is and always will be a legend. The man was the epitome of the word musician, entertainer and artist. But 8 Grammys? And Another old-timer, Loretta Lynn winning Country Album of the year?? Yeah she is great too but she beat out Tim McGraw and Keith Urban? Sentiments gets them every time don't it?

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...