Thursday, February 03, 2005

Charmed

For the last three nights I've been glued to my TV set. I have never been one for sci-fi or occult type books, tv shows or movies (other than my love of anything to do with vampires). But since DJ and I have been together my attitudes and TV habits have changed.
First it was Buffy the Vampire Slayer. We have every season on DVD and have watched each one at least twice already. Then there was Angel. Vampire with a soul. Now that got me. It didn't hurt that he was so damn hot.

Now I've been CHARMED! I never watched this show, but maybe one or two episodes. But it the First Season of Charmed came out on DVD Monday and I found myself at Target in line with it in my basket. Since then DJ and I have watched it every night. We are pacing ourselves and only watching four episodes a night, but I'm hooked. Every episode has HOT GUYS in it! Not to mention one of my all time favorite TV child stars Alysa Milano. But back to the hot guys...

I mean every episode. Hot. Buff. Sexy. YUM guys! The first one that is introduced is Prue's (played by Shannon Doughtery) cop boyfriend Andy, (played by Ted King) who now plays on General Hospital. Then there is the "whitelighter" Leo Wyatt (love that last name) who starts off as the sisters handyman and who you find out later is there to help protect the good sisters. He is played by Brian Krause. One of my favorite scenes so far is where he is bent over working on the sink, and Phoebe (Alysa) and Pieper (Holly Marie-Combs) are admiring his...well his ass. YUM! And those are just the regular guys on the show. This doesn't even begin to mention all of the other hotties that play extras each week. No wonder the women and gay men watched this show. It's like Desperate Housewives meets Bewitched! I'm lovin' it!

Now just don't run out and buy this DVD based soley on the hot guys.
The acting is good.
The writing is good.
The storylines; though somewhat far-fetched, are also good.
Overall I would give it 7 stars out of 10.

But did I mention the hot guys? That's 10 for 10.
Go get it tonight. Trust me. You'll be charmed too.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...