Sunday, February 27, 2005

An Oscar-Worthy Birthday Party

Today is DJ's day. The 25th anniversary of his birth. He was born the day before his mother's 21st birthday. We had a party for him last night.

We met first at BW3 for good food, drinks and family. There were 23 people in attendence. His mother, sisters, step-father, aunts, uncles and cousins. Plus my parents! Yeah my mom and dad came to celebrate with his family. They even had a card for him. It referred to him as family. I think mom and dad have finally claimed him as part of their family. It was nice they came. I think they had a good time.

After the dinner we headed back to Momma D's place. (DJ's mom). Where we continued to drink and drink and drink. DJ made his special Italian Surfers, with an added punch of Black Haus in it. I didn't drink any of that thank goodness, but DJ sure did. Before the night was over he was doing the "Booty Call" in the living room with his mom and sisters.

Ms. Patrick ( a co-worker of DJ's) and I had a bet on when he would pass out. She said before 2 am, I said after. At 2:15 am he was lying in the floor of the bathroom in the basement; stark naked, holding onto the throne. He then looked at me and says in a slurred little boy voice: "I want my pillows...you don't care do you? Please can I have my pillows?" I retrieved his pillows and about three minutes later he was gone. I won the $16.00

When he awoke this morning he put on his glasses to find that one of the lenses were missing. How, when, where and why it was missing is still a mystery, and it was never found. So off to LensCrafters we went this morning, hungover.

All in all it was a great time.

Now for another party later this evening. Me, DJ & our three cats curled up on the sofa watching this years Academy Awards. There really is no reason to watch them, as according to all the polls, Jamie Foxx, Hilary Swank and the Aviator seem to have it wrapped up, but who knows. Plus I am curious just how tame Chris Rock will be or not be. I think that's the reason most people will be watching the show this year.

But one award you won't see at the Academy Awards has already been given:
Everyone's Favorite Drunken Birthday Boy Award ....(drumroll) goes to DJ.
Happy Birthday Baby.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...