Monday, October 18, 2004

The Love of a Man and other Tidbits


I LOVE YOU MAN...

After reading this article, I am reminded of a bible story of two such men and how the love of a man surpassed even the love of a woman:
2 Samuel 1:26
[After Jonathan's death, David said,] "I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women."


I ran into this little article today as well. Why didn't someone tell ME about this, it could have saved me a lot of problems!!

I picked up this months issue of DETAILS magazine yesterday, and there was an article written by one of my favorite authors, Augusten Burroughs, dealing with an issue that is not new to gay men I'm sure. Public Masturbation. It seems that Author Burroughs asked some of his close friends if they participated in this extracurricular activity and their answer was an astounding YES. So how about you? Ever indulged? Not sure what I'm talking about, go get this months DETAILS...which also includes another article written by Carrie (Princess Leia) Fisher, regarding the calamities caused by prolonged erections. I think I'm going to get a subscription to this mag!!

On a more serious note, my mother is not doing well. I have always been proud of the fact that my parents who are both over 65, are very healhty for their ages. I attribute that to their genes (my maternal grandfather was extremely healthy until he was diagnosed with bone cancer at the age of 80, and my paternal grandmother was a very vital lady, who just passed last year.) and to their active lives. My mother started feeling ill a few weeks ago and it seemed to take it out of her. Now four weeks later she still has not returned to work, has lost several pounds and is having dizzy spells and major bodily weakness. She has been to the doctor four times and now will be undergoing an echo-cardigram. I don't care what anyone says but moms are not supposed to get sick!! Especially mine. Hopefully this is nothing major, maybe just a re-evaluation of her blood pressure medication and she will be back on her feet in no time.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...