Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Hump Day Blues

You ever have one of those days? You know the kind. The ones where you really do not want to do anything but lay in bed all day and sleep so you don't have to think about your life and what's going on in it? The kind where at a drop of a hat you could start shedding tears at any second? Well, I've had that day now three days running and to be honest I'm tired of it. I'm not feeling sorry for myself or anything like that, because actually my life is going pretty great right now. I don't know what it is and why I'm in a constant state of Hump Day Blues. DJ said it was my hormones. My monthly cycle. (regardless of what people say I DO think men have them) It could be that, or maybe it's just all the sickness and drama around me the last few days. On Saturday I found out that my son, J2 was jumped at a festival on school grounds by this thug and had to get staples in his head from a fall he took when the guy punched him. I wanted to be there for him, but couldn't. Not that me being there would have made any differance I suppose, but at times like that a kid needs his dad around. Then there is DJ's grandfather. I have recently became close to DJ's family and they have accepted me as part of their family. His grandfather is currently having major medical issues after an amputation of his leg due to diabetes and is in intensive care with pneumonia. I tend to get personally involved with issues like that, and it bothers me to see the family in such trauma. So all of this added with my 6 day work week schedule is starting to drain me emotionally. So I need to get off my ass and do something with myself. Maybe a good night out with good friends and lots of alcohol could help me end the duldrums. We'll see what happens.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Okay, I'm basically in. You (and fellow bloggers) can find me at http://smileneyes.blogspot.com

Thanks for keeping me in the loop! Luv ya!

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...