Sunday, October 17, 2004

Am I Morphing?


I think I'm finally getting old. We've (being DJ & I) had plans, even though not actually communicated to one another, to go out this weekend. At least one night. We went to the Haunted House extravaganza Friday night and had a lot of fun. We had asked his sister, JJ and her girlfriend Red to join us last night for a night on the town. We had also said we would call Silver Fox and the five of us would paint the town. Hit the bars, get intoxicated, and then hail a cab back home. Well none of that happened. I woke up yesterday with a sore throat, hacking cough and runny nose. So I could be the designated driver (I said to myself). Then I called DJ and he suggested we could save some $$ and still have a good time if we have everyone over for dinner and drinks. Have like a mini-slumber party. He called JJ & Red and they said they would probably go to "Fear Fest" (Yes, another haunted excusrsion). So we extended the invitation to Silver for dinner and drinks, still with the slight chance that we would jump into our cars and head downtown for a late night drink. Instead we gorged ourselves on DJ's great cooking. He fixed Rigatoni, with this awesome Italian sauce, and pumpkin pie for dessert. We chatted awhile and then watched a couple episodes of "Sliders" (Season 1 & 2 DVD) and then watched "Raising Helen". Now I say all this not to complain about the evening, as I did enjoy the night. Good food, good friends, and even a good glass of wine. But rewind back three years and we would have been in the bars all night (without dinner) until they closed. That just didn't sound appealing to me last night. It just doesn't sound appealing to me at any time. Is something wrong? Has the Christian Right infiltrated my home and planted some kind of device to deter me from going to the clubs? (God if they have I hope they don't have one that does the same thing to your sexual appetite) Maybe I'm just getting old. That's it, I'm just finally getting old. Mom said this would happen. Things I used to enjoy I no longer do. Is there a button to turn this off, just for a little while? Or is it inevitable that I am finally becoming my parents.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...