Saturday, October 16, 2004

Family Fright Night

Last night I had fun. I didn't think I would, well not as much as I actually had. DJ and his family are obsessed with Haunted Houses during the Halloween season. Every weekend from Oct. 1 to Oct. 31, they spend traveling the countryside looking for the best place to go to get the shit scared out of them. It's a family event, his sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins and anyone else that wants to venture into the world of darkness are encouraged to go. I'm not one on haunted houses, but we went to Middletown, Ohio last night. Middletown is about 40 minutes north of Cincinnati, straight up Interstate 75. Not a bad drive. That is unless you have ten people in a mini-van. That in itself was scary enough.

The attraction for this place was for the mere price of $25.00 a person, you could view two haunted houses and a haunted trail. We chose the $25.00 ticket and headed towards the "Trail of Nightmares" the first leg of our trip to terror. I actually was scared a few times, and it was well worth the price, as it took us about 21 minutes to get through the trail. That was even with my partner, DJ's Sister, JJ dragging me through the section where we ran into Michael Myers. She is petrified of him. Even though she watched all the Halloween movies. The next little jaunt was in "Dr. Psycho's House of Terror", in which I ran into walls, as it was pitch black through most of the house. Again, at the end of the event, Michael Myers was waiting on JJ and chased her across the lot into the doors of the next feature called "Terror Mansion". This one was better than Dr. Psycho's place and I actually jumped (yes, and screamed like a school girl) a few times. The fun part about this outing is watching the younger kids get scared. DJ's youngest sister, 'Lil Bit, had her eyes closed through most if it, and left brusies I am sure on her partners arms from holding on so tight. One of the best parts was watching DJ's oldest sister Ms. CSI, standing at the end of the haunted house jumping up and down laughing at JJ as Michael Myers chased her across the parking lot. I think Ms. CSI's husband, CSI (He is a crime scene investigator, so I am sure nothing there scared him, he has seen it all) put him up to it. I really had a good time, and was home in bed by 12:30.
The after-efects this morning were not as pleasant. I now have a runny nose, dry hacking cough with a sore throat. Running around in a trail, in the cold, wet rain was not such a good idea after all I suppose.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...