Tuesday, July 29, 2008

18 Again


No I do NOT wish I was 18 again!! Those years were not my best, but it is however my third child's 18th birthday. J2 was born on a really hot July Sunday in 1990. It seems like it was just last week. Now 18 years later, my big brown eyed little man is really becoming a man.
He has been here with me all week, and as I see him I realize that he soon will be own his own, not coming to stay with dad for the weekend, or a week or two in the summer. His days of fun and doing nothing are over and he will have to go out and meet the world head on like the rest of us.
He has one more year of High School left and then it's off to college or the work world. His whole life is ahead of him. Remember that feeling? I know he will do alright, and whatever path life takes him he will do his best. All I hope for him, as with all my children, is I want them to be happy. Life is too short being unhappy. So, Happy Birthday, Son! and remember if the path get's a little rough (which, I am sure it will) I'm here for you, I love you and I'm very proud of you!

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...