Sunday, July 09, 2006

What a Week!

This past week has been some kind of week, let me tell you. The fireworks were not the the only thing exploding around here this past week.

Since we last posted, life here in my reality has become somewhat chaotic. On Wednesday I went to back to work after the one day holiday and it seemed as though things were going to be the same old shit. But actually it was a good day. The quiet before the storm.

Thursday I went into work and things were entirely differant. In an hour I had more customers, phone calls and unusual activity than I had ever had for the 6th of the month. Then at 11:00 a.m., one hour after arriving, I did it. I finally lost control, and threw the keys to Atilla the Hun and walked out. Quit. Left my only source of income.

Yeah, I know it has been coming for quite a long time, but I should have been more prepared, like had another job lined up before I walked. But I've been in this position before and I was able to make it out. This however was the first time of my own choosing.

Needless to say I was upset so DJ in his ever increasing love and compassion suggested we get away from everything and leave our phones and go hiking. So we loaed lunch into the car and headed to the park and hiked the rest of the afternoon. Friday was another experience all in it's own. I decided that I did not wasnt to spend the entire day home alone, as DJ had made plans already with his father and grandfather to go fishing. So instead of sitting home getting depressed, I went fishing with them!

Getting up at 5:30 a.m. is something I have not done in quite a long time. And it was the first time I've gotten up that early to go fishing of all things. I've fished before, but it's not something I would do on a regualr basis, or even a semi regular basis. We arrived at out fishing destination about 8 a.m. and we cast our poles into the lake and low and behold...

I caught the first fish of the day. Not that it mattered really, because by the end of the day we had caught 187 fish. I had quit fishing at 2:00 p.m., but they continued up until about 5:30 while I slept on the bank of the lake. In reality I really enjoyed the day, and it did keep my mind of the the problems at home.

So another chapter of my life is now completed and I am stepping into chapter 46. Monday is my birthday and I am not sure what I am going to do for a job, or how we are going to pay the bills, but I do know one thing. By walking out on Thursday, I have at least rescued what sanity I have left.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...