Monday, July 10, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!



It came up on me before I realized it this year, but I'm another day older today and deeper in debt....

I also found out that I share this birthday with several famous people, one of which being Arthur Ashe, whom I respected not just as a tennis player, but a role model for an entire country. He climbed the ladder of success in a sport that was to that point very discriminatory, but he held on. Then at the end of his career he suffered another battle with HIV, due to a transfusion during heart surgery. Again, he held his head up in diversity. He succumbed to the disease but in part due to his battle, tests were improved and many other lives have been saved.


Arlo Guthrie also shares this day with me, as his date of birth. As well as former baseball star Hal MacRae, and ironically so does Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn's son Wyatt Russell. Herman Munster (Fred Gwynne) was also born July 10, 1926. Boxing great Jake LaMotta would have been 85 years old today.

Another person that shares this birthday is Nick Lachey's ex-wife. Jessica Simpson. That answers a lot of questions...

But this brought a happy tear to my eye, thanks Silver.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...