Sunday, July 16, 2006

Reunions

Today was my family reunion on my father's side of my family. Most of those that attended were cousins of my father. In other words, most of them I had no idea who they were. But many of my aunts and uncles attended with their children and grandchildren. I of course had the pleasure to show off my new grandson and my very pregnant daughter. Many that attended could not believe that I was now a grandfather. (I have a hard time believing it myself)

Reunions are good to see people that you haven't seen in some time, and how that they have changed since you last saw them. Many that attended today I had not seen in over 15 years, and of course I didn't recognize many of them. It also makes you realize your age. As you look around the crowd you see those that you grew up with holding their grandchildren, and then you look around for their parents and realize that they are no longer there. Many of my dad's aunt's and uncles have died and now many of my father's generation are passing. Time stops for no one.

The day was good, even though it was 98 degrees outside today and the hottest day of the year so far. Of course I took pictures. Here is my favorite of the day, my four children, all together.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...