Tuesday, January 31, 2006

And We're Off...

Nominations for the Academy Awards were announced today, and there were some surprizes. But first let's see how I did with my predictions...
In the Male Actor Category I got 4 out of five. Terrance Howard was nominated, which I chose Russell Crowe, but with his recent legal problems, the Academy probably decided to pass over him.
In the Female Actress Category, again I got 4 out of 5, The Academy nominated Keira Knightly instead of my choice Ziyi Zhang from Memoirs of a Geisha.
The Male Supporting category I was surprised the Don Cheadle wasn't nominated, but veteran actor and former Academy winner, William Hurt was, so again 4 out of 5.
And in the Female Supporting category I only chose four as I was undecided, but I chose all four correctly and the Academy chose Amy Adams, from the movie Junebug as their fifth choice.
The big surprise for me was the Movie nominations. I really thought Hustle & Flow would have garnered a nomination, but instead Steven Spielberg's Munich was given the nod. So again, 4 out of 5. Not bad, so I give myself a 90%.
Let me think on these nominations and I will give my predictions of the winners in a few days.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...