Monday, June 13, 2005

Take Me to the Bar

Have you ever noticed that once a gay guy meets his one and only and they become a couple they tend to leave the bar scene? I used to hate those kind of guys. I would always say I'd never do that. You would hear comments coming from me such as...

Now that he has a boyfriend he thinks he is too good to hang out at the bar.

Wait until it's over (which won't take long) and his ass will be right here next to me...

They need that quality time to get to know each other, they'll be back.

Well I've become one of those guys. Five years ago and before, every night I'd sit at the bar after work and drink and chat with the bartenders until about 9:00 and make my way home. On the weekends it was all-nighters. Once I was left in the bar by my friends, knowing another friend would soon be out and I could catch a ride. Only to find that he was somewhere else with his boyfriend. I was left stranded downtown. All Night. Well kinda, I went home with the bartender...

But now it's a different story. The first two years or so DJ and I continued with the bar scene. Either together or with other friends. Plus he worked at Hamburger Mary's so we spent a lot of time at that bar. Now our bar activity is limited to when his sister wants to hit the gay bars or if we go out of town. Not that I miss the bar drama, because there was plenty of it, but I think it's time to make my way back downtown and reclaim my seat. Not every night, but maybe start off slow, say like once a month?

Who am I kidding? I'll just fix myself a rum & coke right here at home and sit back and watch some DVD's...

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...