Thursday, June 02, 2005

Bewitched

With all this hype and the trailers I've seen and heard about the Bewitched movie, I feel an air of nostalgia. Bewitched, (with Elizabeth Montgomery) was by far one of my favorite TV shows growing up. I don't think I ever missed a show. I was so in love with the show and Samantha that my dream was to be a witch. Not just any witch, but I wanted to be Samantha Stevens. Within the course of a half an hour she twitched her nose and made things right. She could do and be anyone she wanted.
The season that she went back to Salem was one of my favorites. I loved history and it brought the Salem Witch Trials to life for me.
All the characters were fun and lovable, even her mother Endora. Of course one of my favorites was Paul Lynde's character. Then of course when Elizabeth Montgomery played her evil witch twin Sarena, now that was TV!
Now Nicole Kidman is playing my favorite witch. It's not really a remake of the TV show, but a love story with a twitch thrown in. I love Nicole Kidman, and kinda like Will Ferrell, but I don't think this movie is going to compare with the love I had for the original TV show.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...