Friday, April 15, 2005

Winding Down

Well my vacation is almost over. Let me fill you in...

Sunday, the 10th, DJ and I left around 11 a.m. for the gateway to the west, St. Louis. We had no specific plan in mind other than to see the sites, hit the gay bars, the St. Louis Zoo and shopping. We crossed the Mississippi River into St. Louis about 6:20 p.m. After driving around trying to find our motel, we finally bought a map of the city and realized we were only a few miles from the hotel. We checked in, got situated and decided to go to the Arch before dark and get some great pictures of the sun setting. (Pictures are forthcoming).

The Arch was amazing. We both decided it would be best if we did not take the tram up inside the arch, as we both have a fear of heights and we didn't want to pass out way up there. So we admired it from the ground. I know not the same thing, but oh well.

After the arch we went around town. I was happy to see that St.Louis is a very clean town. Unlike Cincinnati, it seems as though they pride themselves in keeping the city clean. After the sun set we went to dinner and back to the hotel. There is noting better than passionate love making in a strange city. We woke the next morning ready to set out on another adventure.

Due to the rain we decided today would be a good day to visit the Anheuser-Busch Brewery. Even though DJ drinks Miller, and I am allergic to hops, we enjoyed the tour. We learnt how they make their beer, and why it's different than others. It's the Beechwood Aging process! And then we received two complimentary glasses of beer after the tour. It was the first time in my life that I was drinking beer at 11:45 a.m. I felt so like an alcoholic. Then we decided to look for the gay bars in the city. They must have them hid, as we found nothing. We had addresses we garnered from the web, but no bars. Maybe they make them invisible during the day in St. Louis, who knows. When we arrived back at the hotel I got the word that my uncle had passed, so our plans for Tuesday were ended, and we returned back to Cincinnati on Tuesday.

Wednesday we stayed in bed most of the day. I love doing that on vacation. Just laying in bed all day. I know it's waste of a day, but it was so relaxing. Yesterday we went to the Cincinnati Zoo, as we didn't want to drive all the way back to St. Louis to go to their Zoo. It was a beautiful day to take in the sites at the Zoo. I am proud of our Zoo here in Cincinnati. Even though a lot of the animals were not out, due to the weather not being as warm as it needs to be, Cincinnati has a great Zoo and Botanical Gardens.

Today DJ is spending the day with his grandparents, and I'm hanging out here. Tonight we will finally hit those gay bars (Cincinnati's, not St. Louis) as Silver, DJ and I are going to go out. Tomorrow I will spend with my parentals, Sunday we will hang out with each other all day and then it is back to work on Monday.

Not the vacation I planned, but I have enjoyed it thus far. Sometimes, just not having to go to work everyday is vacation enough.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...