Monday, April 25, 2005

Sands of Time

Today my father turns sixty-six. I remember when we had his 30th birthday party, it seems like yesterday. I threw him his 40th with the big sign in the front yard saying "Lordy Lordy Look who's 40!" Everyone in the neighborhood knew Dad was now over-the-hill. Today my mom surprised him with his birthday gift. She brought home a 2004 Hyundai Accent, just for him. that's cool, and he deserves it.

Time stands still for no one, that's for sure. Dad is still very healthy and active, bowling four times a week. Even though he has lost two brothers to cancer and most recently a brother died of a heart attack, Dad is still going strong.
He is also the one I still call when I have car trouble, because the man can fix anything.

What I love most about my Dad is that he is just that, Dad. He advises but doesn't push, he cares but doesn't smother. He loves and doesn't judge. That's dad. Thanks dad, and Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell your Dad I said Happy Birthday. Be thankful that you still have him with you. Dad's are special and you only get one a lifetime.
My Dad will be gone two years this year and I wish I would have spent more time with him.

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...