Friday, February 22, 2008

I'm SO Over It


Winter, that is. I'm over it! Yesterday morning I left my house at 6:45 a.m. and arrived at work at 8:50 a.m.!! I normally have a 42 minute commute.


I remember as a kid being so excited when it snowed or we had bad weather and the schools would be closed, but now as an adult and I do not have the luxury of hearing my business' name being called off on the morning news, it's just not as fun anymore.


It seems as though this winter when we do get the bad snow or ice it's not AFTER we get to work, or even the night before so that we can go to bed with the knowledge that we will not probably go into work, or just sleep in a little later until the nutcases get to work first, it hits us right during morning rush hour traffic!! WHY? What have we done to deserve this curse?


Again this morning I had to fight ice and the elements just to get out of my parking lot at our apartment complex. I arrived at work only 10 minutes late this morning, but I still had to deal with all that undo stress of driving in the shit!


At least my employer did allow us to leave early Thursday evening before the weather got really bad. My sister in law left her job at 4:50 p.m. yesterday evening and did not arrive home until 9:10, so I will stop bitching. Thank goodness March is only 7 days away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you, DJ and you need to move out here to California!

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...