Thursday, November 04, 2004

What Really Matters

Okay enough of the political rhetoric, at least for today's post anyway. Not much can be done about it now but there is the next election. I'm not talking about the next Presidential election, I am talking about EVERY election. Each one is important, and in order to be heard we need to vote like we voted Tuesday every time we are given the opportunity. Oh, sorry I said enough didn't I? Okay...

Today my thoughts are with family. My cousin T~, a young 48 year old female had a major heart-attack on Monday. She had no signs or warning. She is still alive but had to undergo
by-pass heart surgery. The reason? Vioxx. She has suffered for years from arthritis, and Vioxx was prescribed to her. Now she has had a heart attack, and by-pass surgery at 48 years old. This gives a whole new meaning that the cure is sometimes worse than the disease.

My thoughts on my family also include my own mother. Mom has been "under the weather" for several weeks now and unable to work. Even though she retired officially several years ago she still maintians employment with one of the area hospitals, as a couirer. However after a viral infection some weeks ago she has been experiencing severe dizziness and nausea. Finally after weeks of tests, and feeling miserable she has found the culprit. The viral infection she had, set off a severe case of vertigo. Now I know my mom is dizzy sometimes, but now we know the real reason!! I just thought it came from living with my father for almost 50 years! But thank goodness it is treatable (the vertigo, not my father) and she soon will be back behind the wheel transporting livers, hearts and blood work.

Family are important to us. Even when we don't seem to agree there is that bond that keeps us together. My cousin T~ and I were close as children, but as adults we went out own ways, but I ache for her and her family for what they are having to go through. Of course mom is the reason we have the family we have anyway, without her there would be no "us". Family, those are the real important issues. Those are the things that really matter.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...