Friday, November 26, 2004

Family & Traditions

Yesterday was good. Family, food and tradition. DJ and I got up and got ready and then went our seperate ways to our prospective families. He first to his paternal grandparents. Me to my parents. What started as my two brothers and I have now blossomed into a family of 16. Yesterday a new future was present. My son brought the young girl that he has been seeing, and announced that they plan to marry. Nothing official, but it sounds like the next generation is on it's way. My oldest son, J1 is 23 and "Mandy" is 18 and will graduate in June. Young, yes, so anything can happen, but it is really weird to see my son in love. He is in the process of buying his first home, so I do think he is serious.

I brought a couple of movies to watch instead of the usual football that my brothers insist on watching. Sadly, The Stepford Wives was lost on my family. They didn't get any of the jokes, and thought the movie was nonsense. So much for trying to educate them socially. But no Cheaper By the Dozen went over much better. After leaving my parents we stopped by DJ's maternal granparents for dessert. It is a wonderful feeling to be able to go into his family members homes and be treated like one of the family. Not only myself, but also they treat my kids the same way. Maybe someday DJ can feel that comfortable with my family.

Tonight, we are going to my younger brothers to watch Harry Potter on his 52 inch Stereo TV, so maybe we can start a new tradition that includes DJ.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...