Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Concede

Concede. A Sad word. A Sad Day. A Sad state of affairs.

Regardless of the outcome of last nights election, one thing should be ringing into George W.'s ears. That our country is divided. Divided straight down the middle and it is time to bring the country back together.

John Kerry made a mark, and his efforts will not go un-noticed. I believe that the Democrats also understand the message that this election has given. It is time for a change. I pray that change begins to happen, and that George Bush will honestly try to bring about that change. Not that I think that will happen, I just pray it does.

What was so scary is the fact that over 60% of the voters voted for moral issues! Yes, morals are a good thing to have, but not the republicans version of them! PLEASE! So the American people are telling me that moral issues are more important than, feeding your children, having employment, living in fear of terrorism. Morals are needed, yes I agree, but we have a country where the unemployment rate is at an all time high, and over 50% of working mothers do not even have health care for their children. Morals...That was not the reason I voted. I voted becasue America needs to wake up and realize that we have REAL issues facing us, and stop worrying about who is sleeping with who.

On that sad note, 11 States voted to ban gay marriages and civil unions. Strike up another one for the Moral Right...Yet, in Cincinnati there was a measure of victory when voters repealed Article 12. This will now allow gay/lesbians to have the same rights as other citizens in the city of Cincinnati, and if they do not they will have recourse. Thank goodness for small favors.

All I can say about the election is I that I keep hearing a song going on in my head today...

"Oh Canada..."

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...