Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Choices

Some of you that have been readers of my blog from the old site know about my daughter Princess and her escapades and adventures with her fiance "The Asshole". She left him back in May when she found out he was seeing someone else. So with my help she moved back home with her mother. Things went well for awhile but regardless of what he had done to her she still loved him. So a few weeks ago she moved back in with him, against our advice (everyone's advice) Since then I haven't heard from her. So today she finally called me. She thought I was mad at her for going back with him. As I explained to her, she has to make her own choices and decisions. No, I was not happy about this choice, but it's her life and she has to live it for herself, and you can't help who you fall in love with, that is really something that you don't choose, it just happens.

Apparently this guy makes her happy, and she loves him, so she forgave him and took him back. That's her choice. I may not like it, but I will support her in her choice and I will accept him as her partner. It may be a little uncomfotable at first, as he did treat my daughter pretty shitty, but for her I will accept her choice. She has accepted my choices in life and loves me just the same. And Lord knows some of my choices have not been the best. I just wish other family members would realize that life is too important for being judgmental and hard hearted. Especially when it comes to what others choose to do. We need to accept that life isn't always what we had hoped it would be, for ourselves, or for our children; and realize that what is important is that we have them. And we have them with all their mistakes, blemishes and bad habits along with all the great and wonderful things they are and do. I want my daughter in my life and in order for that to happen I need to let her know I love her unconditionally. So Princess, live and learn and remember that Daddy will always be there to help pick up the pieces if things do not go they way you had hoped, and if they do go well, I will be there to share that joy as well.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...