Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Transformed


Tonight I was mesmerized, entertained and transformed. No I didn't have an epiphany, but what I did have was a two hour, mind blowing, exciting experience in the movie theater. Those of you that know me that I love movies. I even have two other blogs (CINEMANIA! and OSCARMANIA!) totally devoted to movies. But tonight as I sat in the theater I was really pulled into the world of sci-fi, make believe and action with the new movie that is storming the nation, Transformers.

No, it's not an Oscar caliber acting film, even though young hottie Shia LaBeouf was fantastic, not to mention other hotties, Josh Duhmael, Tyrese Gibson and yes, even Jon Voight (I mean in his day...). Their acting wasn't as good as young Shia, but it was good. But as I said before it wasn't the acting that sets this movie apart. It's the genius of Steven Spielberg and DreamWorks SKG. This is where they will win an Oscar this year. The special effects were in one word... phenomenal! Not to mention from the first five minutes the action is non-stop and even the humor is humorous.
Great movie, take the kids, take the wife, take the grandparents and be transformed into a kid again.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...