Saturday, December 30, 2006

A Look Back


As the year comes to a close it allows us to take a look back and see how we did and just what the year was about. As I look back on 2006 it was a year of changes for me. Major life changes. In January I found out that my son and daughter both were to become parents in 2006 and in June my grandson Rylan was born, then in August my grand-daughter Alana was born. Those two events were one of the best things in my life period, right up there with the birth of my own children, coming out and meeting DJ. What those two have brought to me, my family and to their parents is nothing short of spectacular.
In July another life altering experience which I chose myself. I walked out of the best paying job that I have ever had after two years. Yes, it was the right thing to do, but looking back I would have been more prepared. I thought I would get a job in a matter of weeks, but those weeks turned into five months of no income. We lost our apartment and are once again in debt more than we need to be. I see the light at the end of the tunnel now, but if circumstances cause that to happen again in my life, I will be more of a boy scout about it and BE PREPARED!
There were other issues I dealt with in 2006; the increasing toll MS is having on my body, and the reality of my parents getting older, the celebration of 5 years between DJ and I, a new and exciting job with great opportunities, the online publication of my book and an inner peace that I haven't felt in some time.
So overall as I look back on 2006 I would say with a rating from 1 to 10, 2006 was a 7. And for 2007? I never try to make predictions or resolutions, I just wait and see what it has to offer and face it one day at a time.
Happy New Year to all of you!

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...