Saturday, December 09, 2006

Jumping the Gun

Not that we are anywhere near ready, but I was looking at apartment ads today. It's going to be spring before we can afford to get out of here, but why wait until the last minute. So I began searching the world wide web for affordable housing. There are some requirements in our search;

1. We are NOT moving back to the downtown area. Been there done that, not wanting to do it again.
2. They apartment or townhouse MUST have a washer and dryer hook-up in the unit. This is a must. I just can not stomach those apartment laundries and don't even say the word laundromat!
3. It should be closer to work but not too far, as DJ works closer to this area. With the cost of gas, we have to keep this in mind.
4. Of course it goes without saying that we have to have a place that will accept our cats. Our babies would be lost without us, and we have grown so attached to them that I could not even fathom giving them up.
5. I want the ground floor. I hate stairs. I hate living between two other floors. I do not mind having people on top of us...(get your head out of the gutter) but it seems that utility bills are much lower on the bottom floors.

That's not a large list, but it's a start I am sure the closer it gets to us actually looking for a place I will have a lot more specifications. But for now it was just nice having the feeling of knowing that there is a light at the end of this tunnel (basement)

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...